About traveling to and from rural Alaska
Ravn Alaska is proud to serve nearly 100 communities statewide. Our mainline service gets you to and from Alaska’s most popular destinations including Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kodiak and more! When your travel needs reach the last frontier’s most rural communities, Ravn Alaska can get you there.
As you may well know, village travel protocol differs from our mainline service. Flying to and from villages is centralized out of regional hubs. Our regional hubs house the aircraft used to service each region and are responsible for the day to day flying schedules.
Ravn Alaska’s regional hubs are:
|St. Mary’s||(907) 438-2246|
Central Reservations, Statewide Toll-Free 800-866-8394
WHEN DEPARTING FROM A REGIONAL HUB
- Check-in 1 hour prior to scheduled departure. Once you are checked-in, stay in the terminal and listen to all announcements as flights may leave early.
- Be sure to dress appropriately for weather conditions as village destinations do not have facilities to shelter passengers or their belongings.
- Many villages do not permit alcohol. Please call ahead to the regional hub to inquire about local rules and restrictions regarding alcohol transport and consumption.
- In most cases, carry-on baggage is not allowed. Be prepared to consolidate your belongings if necessary.
- Upon arrival be sure to identify the village agent. Simply ask your pilot or a local resident, “Who is the village agent for Ravn Alaska and how do I reach them?” This is very important as the village agent will be checking you in and providing updates on the status of your return flight.
- All baggage is subject to load restrictions. Baggage that cannot be accommodated on your flight will be transported on the next available flight.
- Cellular phone service is VERY limited in rural areas.
- Agents in the villages are not responsible for providing transportation to and from the airport. Passengers must make their own prior arrangements.
WHEN DEPARTING FROM A VILLAGE
Check-in with the village agent at least 2 hours prior to your scheduled flight time. Although we strive to maintain operations as they are scheduled, many factors can affect actual flight times. Therefore, be sure to stay in touch with the village agent for the most up-to-date information. You may also check flight status by calling your local hub station.